20.5.09

Beloved Hometown....



Today I am inspired by my beloved Puerto Vallarta. Yesterday afternoon, I decided to take a walk downtown, something I had not done in quite a while... and I re-discovered some little treasures I had forgotten about. I went to the Cuale Island and took deep breaths of fresh air while admiring the beauty of mother Nature and the historical qualities of this place. I came across John Houston's statue, which I also had forgotten all bout, even though we owe him for the international recognition of this Paradise...


***










It got me thinking about how wonderful times must have been when The Night of the Iguana was filmed and this was still a little fishing village and the Hollywood celebrities's favorite hideaway... While its true that the City still mantains it's good old charm and beauty, when looking at these pictures of Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton at the peak of their love affair, one can't help but to feel a little nostalgic.






Elizabeth at her PV home
***
For more info, news, events calendar and photos go to www.visitpuertovallarta.com and www.vallartaonline.com as well as www.pvmirror.com






2 comments:

mutima said...

wow looks like paradise in those first thre pics and Elizabeth Taylor what an icon with that ebony hair and saphire blue eyes she looks great in that bikini shot:)

Unknown said...

I knooow!!! THanks for stopping by :)

Actually, a friend's mom got them divorced here (Taylor & Burton)... and their house was open to the public up until some years ago when it was sold and renovated. The three first pictures actually arent nearly as good as the real scenario, you should come visit ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...