29.4.10

I wish...

I had seen my town in the 1960's when this was still a small, isolated fishing village and so exotic and green, all of the Hollywood stars fell in love with its great charm & beauty. I have posted about my hometown before, but these black & whites of Elizabeth Taylor & Richard Burton hanging out and working with late director John Houston are breathtaking! Tomorrow, I will post about Las Caletas, the beach hideaway of Director John Houston that is now available to tourist but only accesible by sea, there is no electricity, so at night, the place is all candles and tiki torches... truly stunning & romantic!










5 comments:

Charlotta Ward said...

Amazing images! She was such a babe in the day!

Thanks for sharing. I'd love to visit your beautiful home town. Looks heaven. Probably is heaven!

Have a gorgeous weekend!

xx Charlotta

OneCraftyFox said...

That is so cool. I would love to step back in time and escape for a little while. Not very long, just a week... a mini vacation :)

Have a lovely weekend, darling!

Unknown said...

hey you guys!!! thanks for stopping by ;) Have a lovely wknd too!!!

Errant Aesthete said...

I am always drawn to things of the past. Perhaps it's my way of resisting the speed of the times.

These images are indelible. For the longest time this couple was Hollywood royalty and so embodied the idea of "living large."

How lovely for you that the place of your origins had such allure that the whole of the world was anxious to spend time there.

Unknown said...

Indeed, EA... this is a magical place still... but back then, it must have been so exotic and glamourous in the very simple ways of nature...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...