9.6.10

Hurry up and click...

A most heart-breaking yet beautifully written piece by my friend... the Errant Aesthete... on the sadness and sorrow a lot of us feel over the ridiculous situation on the Gulf oil spills.

"I feel sickened, sad and witheringly helpless over this hole on the ocean floor that is dumping, relentlessly dumping at record speeds, unfathomable amounts of brackish toxins into the estuaries, wetlands and shores of our homeland".

Read more....



"There are no passengers on Spaceship Earth. We are all crew."...
Marshall McLuhan, 1964




"Take nothing but pictures.
Leave nothing but footprints.
Kill nothing but time".
Motto of the Baltimore Grotto





Thank you my friend, we all need to realize the situation and protest for all those creatures without a voice.

with love...







3 comments:

My Owl Barn said...

Oil spill is the most unfortunate thing. I'm off to read the whole article. Thanks for sharing.

OneCraftyFox said...

Beautiful poem, such a tragic incident. I don't understand how oil spills still occur (and so repeatedl) after so many decades. I mean, didn't we learn anything in the 80's?!

Hope you are having a fantastic week. My birthday celebrations finally seem to be over, lol! Today I am going shopping with a friend and her baby, tomorrow I am picnicing with another dear friend of mine... so if I don't see you around the blog world, have a fantastic weekened :)

Unknown said...

Thank you guys for stopping by and sharing my concern and sadness over this matter. The Errant Aesthete is a blog I discovered about a year ago and is like an Oasis for the mind and soul as it explores the world from an artistic point of view, beautiful words, images and all things past, great writers, painters, musicians, boy I have enjoyed and learned so much, I highly recommend it.

Now, as for Diana my darling, I am SOOOOOO HAPPY to hear you are having a lovely birthday celebration, you deserve it, and I wish i could join that shopping venture as I am in desperate need of new shoes ;) as always.... LOVE....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...