18.1.12

royal syle files: Princess Mette-Marit

Ok, firsts comes first.
COFFEE. quick, go get yours.



We're good??? AAAAAAAAAAAAlright then.

Today's Royal Style Files features Princess Mette-Marit of Norway {thanks to a darling reader who recommended I check her out} Now, I am obsessed with this woman. You see, this is what she told her father one evening:

"I've just been taken home in a taxi... by the crown prince,"

AHA!!! and soon the two staggered people by moving in together for months without even announcing an engagement. {I tell ya, this is such a modern Fairy Tale!!!}

Suddenly Mette-Marit, who was known to have moved in circles where drugs were readily available, and who had a three-year-old son, Marius, by a man convicted of drug possession, found her past under fierce scrutiny. And many questioned the crown prince's choice of partner. {I know... people...}

When she and Haakon did get engaged some months after moving in together, Mette-Marit had to make radical adjustments before stepping out into the spotlight. Just on a superficial level, she had to look the part as she began to attend official functions, and one of her first trips was to New York to buy new clothes without the pressure of being photographed out shopping. "Before, I used to love shopping," she said, "but now it's just stressful. Sure, buying clothes is fantastic for most girls, but not so great for me. What has effectively happened is that all of a sudden I need to have a good wardrobe for my new role in life. And I certainly didn't have many ballgowns before I met Haakon," she added.
Well....... her style is adorable. See for yourself!










Soooooo... THERE IS a happy ending...

The president of Norway's parliament, Kirsti Kolle Grondahl, suggested the following to the country's four million citizens: "I think it's wise for all of us to put this in the past and not let it tarnish her future." And for the most part the next generation has done just that, having easily fallen under the charm of the future queen of Norway. {God bless him}

On January 21, 2004 Mette-Marit gave birth to daughter Princess Ingrid Alexandra who becomes Norway's first ever female heir to the throne. Her little brother, Prince Sverre Magnus, was born in December 2005.









Loves her. What do you think?????





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...