30.5.12

Salad in a Jar!


Guys, I've been having some health issues, mainly its because I work too many hours, I drink too much coffee, I travel, sometimes I don't have time for breakfast, etc. So I got in trouble and now I am forced to eat right and follow a treatment so that my stomach recovers.

Doc told me I should pack healthy snacks everyday and not allow my stomach to be empty now that its so weak. So on-line I went and found this genius way to pack a salad in a Jar! I did it today and I am the happiest camper.



The secret is to put the dressing at the bottom, and the lettuce on top, make sure they never touch by putting everything else in between. Carrots, cucumber and mushrooms can go next on top of the dressing. Just stick to that rule and your salad will be perfect and fresh even if you prepare it the night before {which I did}.

I honestly think this is a whole new level of genius- my salad stayed fresh and healthy and when it was time to eat, all I did was put the jar up-side down for a while so the dressing covered everything.







If you have any more lunch-packing secrets for the office, DO SHARE, i need'em!










7 comments:

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

I'm so glad you found this salad idea- I eat out a lot with the boys and usually pack a lot of fruits in containers, make sandwiches that I will LOVE and cut up veggies- One thing I strive for is bringing lots of (reusable) containers- the more I have the healthier I feel the food I brought is.

Jesse @ goodgirlgoneglad said...

I'm sorry you have been feeling yucky! I do love the salad idea. Perfect!
xx

Outdoor Sheds said...

Brilliant idea! I will surely try this one. Cool!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tips Ren! and thank you all for stopping by ;) I am so happy with my salad!!!!!!!!!!!

A Crimson Kiss said...

This is genius–I have to give this a try!

OneCraftyFox said...

OMG I LOVE this idea!! It makes sense to pack salad like this, why has noone thought of it before?? lol

On another note, I hope that your health issues are not serious, girlie :( We spend so much time taking care of everyone and everything else, we put ourselves on the backburner. Get better, sweetie.

LOVE YOU xxxxoooo Diana

Unknown said...

You are so right Di, and thank you darling, my problems are not serious as I improved my eating habits right away, i only felt bad for about 4 days but the treatment and eating right has really helped :) LOVE BACK!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...